Measure 10.1 - Formalities
Formalities and Documentation Requirements
- With a view to minimizing the incidence and complexity of import, export, and transit formalities and to decreasing and simplifying import, export, and transit documentation requirements and taking into account the legitimate policy objectives and other factors such as changed circumstances, relevant new information, business practices, availability of techniques and technology, international best practices, and inputs from interested parties, each Member shall review such formalities and documentation requirements and, based on the results of the review, ensure, as appropriate, that such formalities and documentation requirements are:
- adopted and/or applied with a view to a rapid release and clearance of goods, particularly perishable goods;
- adopted and/or applied in a manner that aims at reducing the time and cost of compliance for traders and operators;
- the least trade restrictive measure chosen where two or more alternative measures are reasonably available for fulfilling the policy objective or objectives in question; and
- not maintained, including parts thereof, if no longer required
- The Committee shall develop procedures for the sharing by Members of relevant information and best practices, as appropriate.