The National Board of Revenue is currently working to implement this measure with technical assistance from the USAID and the World Bank Group (WBG). Assistance required:
1. Support for legislation.
4. Capacity development
5. Need Assessment
The Plant Quarantine Wing has previously received training from the WBG. it requires assistance from development partners for.
1. Capacity development of surveillance mechanism.
2. Establishment of pest Risk Analysis (PRA) procedure.
3. Technical support on risk assessment and mitigation.
4. Documentary and awareness development program in social media for moral and ethical responsibilities.
5. preparation of some SOPs and manuals for risk management issues.
The Bangladesh Standards and Testing Institute (BSTI) is working to implement this measure wing technical assistance from the World Bank Group. It requires assistance for:
1. Stabilization of the Risk management system following international best practices.
2. Training for the Risk Management Committee members.
3. On-site visit for Risk Management Committee that have successfully established the system.
No development partner is currently working with Bangladesh Atomic Energy Commission in this regard. It requires assistance from development partners in the area of risk management.
For Developing laboratory facilities, accredited process is going on. plant quarantine wing of DAE need official assistance.
Mentioned that, automation process of import and export permit already been started.
Tags: Information and communication technologies (ICT), Legislative and regulatory framework, Diagnostic and Needs Assessment, Human resources and training, Awareness-raising